Trust Administration

What is Trust Administration?

If a person dies and they have a Trust, then the named successor Trustee, must “administer” the Trust.   Their job is to read the Trust and follow all of its instructions; they must also follow all of the state and federal laws that impact the decedent’s estate.  This is called a Trust Administration or a Trust Settlement.

If you’ve been named as a Personal Representative of a Will or a Trustee of someone’s Trust, then you should know that it’s an honor that you have been named, because that means your loved one thought highly of you and your character.

Being a Personal Representative or Trustee is an important job that requires a high level of responsibility and cares for handling all of the legal and financial details in just the right way.

Do I Need an Attorney?

The process of administering a Trust can be complicated.  There are many legal and financial details that must be handled, as well as state and federal laws that must be considered. And they do matter, both now and for future generations.

Wake Law, LLC is experienced at administering estates, trusts, wills, and probate. We work with the family and other advisors to transfer assets as quickly as possible, resolve outstanding issues, and ensure that all legal requirements are satisfied within the legal deadlines to ensure smooth administration of Trusts for your heirs. Our team will make the process as easy as possible for you and your family.

To learn more about the steps you need to take, contact us at (813) 252-8667.

Translate »
Scroll to top